Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

       The Metropolitan Museum is a real huge Museum. The Museum holds many different of art work from all over the world. It has art of Egyptian, Geek, Roman, Medieval, Asian, Europe and etc. Each of art room has unique and beautiful set up, especially at Egyptian art, Geek and Roman Art, Medieval Art and Asian Art.
In the Museum, there is statue of Egyptian male at the north which catches my eyes, and also tempts me to visit the Egyptian room first. When I step into Egyptian room, I was stunning by the counterfeit tomb of Perneb which build by big and beige Stone Brick. Then I looked around the room. The light of room is dim, it make me feel I am visiting in an underground tomb of Egyptian. Although light in the room is dim, there is many spotlight shot on the exhibits and make them very obvious. In the Egyptian room, I spent most of my time at the painting on stone or fragment of wall. Although I don’t understand the hieroglyph, but paintings tell me what they were doing. In most of paintings are telling me about the ancient Egyptian, how did they grow crops, make tools, hunt and slaughter animals. Of course, the Egyptian room has other exhibits, such as ornaments, tools, jar and bowl etc. And a kind of weapon calls Disc Mace-head interest me. In the label, it states this weapon use between Naqada I and Naqada II (ca. 3900 – 3500). As its name, Disc Mace-head look like a disc made by stone, and it has a hole in the middle where Egyptians places the handle. There are two different sizes of Disc Mace-head, in the big Disc has a big hole which can through a tough rod, but what am I wondering is the small Disc, it has a small hole which can only through thin rod. At ancient time, they don’t have technology could make a thin rod become tough, so I am double that would be useful weapon during the batter in the ancient Egypt. However I did not find other information that talk about this weapon when leave the Egyptian room.


    Next room, I visit is Geek and Roman room. Compare with dim Egyptian room, Geek and Roman room is light and spacious. The pattern on the door, pillars and ceiling, and the layout of the Marble statues, make me feel I just travel from Egypt to the Geek or Roman. I did not pay much attention on this room, because I am kind of tired after visit room of Egyptian art, so I just walk around and see different of the statues which made by the Marble. Then I move to next room, the room of Medieval Art. In this room, the air fills of the religions flavor. There have light through window with colorful planting, and Christ on the wall.
Last part, I visit is room of Asia art. As a Chinese this room makes me feel surprising and warm. There are Buddhism art which not just religious of India, also popular religious in China. There are similar exhibits of Chinese, such as planting, handwriting, mascot, and household- utensils which I had been seen in China. And there also have an Astor court with ancient Chinese house, corridor, rockwork and a small pool with fish in it.
  

The Metropolitan Museum is real large. Although I had been there two and half hours, there still have a lot of rooms that I do not visit yet. I’d like to visit this Museum again and finish visit rest of rooms because this museum makes me feel I am visiting this exhibits at where these exhibits came from.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete