Sunday, March 27, 2016

Metoropolitan museum


People can learn history, culture, and traditions by visiting to museums. Moreover, people also can have a lot of thoughts, imaginations, and expressions by seen great works. Thus, museums are very important places to us.



   It was second time to visit to the Metropolitan museum. They have many kinds of paintings, pictures, and statutes. Furthermore, the museum has many different countries works as an Egypt, European, African, Asian, and ext. Therefore, I never feel bored to see these great works, and always time flies in this place.
 My favorite part of the museum is the Egypt because it has the longest history of arts, and I could feel special, mysterious, and historical through their works. Especially, I want to talk about this beautiful statuette. 

  The first of the impression of this is that it has bright blue color. Even though these look old, they still haven't changed and show perfect color. I believe that this artist has high skills to make this statutes because back the time, they did not have good tools to show this bright color. I also look them by formal and stylistic analysis ways.
  I want to focus for one by one of the statutes. These two of statutes are man's face, and a ram. The right man’s has strong expressions on his face which are madness, and he wants to claim something. The reasons is that he has an impact face, eyes, and his eyebrows are going up which tell us that he is not good mode. Moreover, I felt that he is a chubby, and old men through his face. However, left man’s face is softer and he looks younger than right side of man. I also felt that he looks surprise and scare of something because of his eyebrows are going down. I also found that he wears a hot to not show his hair. A last statute is a ram that is drinking water. I felt very peaceful, happiness, and nature from is because the ram does not have an express on his face.
 I compared with these tree statutes of relationship. I believe that it tells a evolution of man because I learned in the bible that symbol of the ram is a man at long time ago. Thus, I thought that ram statute is before evolution of a man, and it tuned to the young boy which is left statute, and finally, he got old which is right stature. There ideas are my imagination of before looking the label at this time. However ,the label explains about them differently with my ideas. However, after I read this label I realized that these man’s faces are masks, and the artist made these statues made for rebirthing of God.

    This label explains me many details and has specific information about this statute which helps me to understand their relationships easier.

   When I saw this work at first time, I looked it from far away, so I could see entire of the atmosphere. I could see the beautiful color of statute because in side of the clear case has extra light to illumine the work. Therefore, I could see their brightness, and little details even though from far way. Furthermore, the case was clear, so I could see the statue by refracting. After, I saw them from far away for tree minutes, and I closed them and saw for another tree minutes. I could see their details and focused to look up every details.

   In conclude, I enjoyed seeing many different works in the Metropolitan museum. Moreover, I changed to the way to see works which makes me better understanding of the arts. Thus, I learned that distancing, lighting, taking time to see arts are very important to find a work's idea, story, and also help me to understand better of the arts.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Munkyung, your close looking analysis was very good and showed how the Museum's label information can help with viewing.

    ReplyDelete