Saturday, March 12, 2016

 
Hi everyone, my name is Marley Marcela Hernandez, I’m 20 years old  and I live in East Elmhurst near La Guardia airport. I was born in Colombia, I been living In the United States for almost 10 years and like many of you guys, I came to this country with many aspirations and dreams. I have my mom,  my older sister and my twin sister living here, but the rest of my family is in Colombia.  My major is criminal justice, but In the future I’m planning of becoming more than just a cop, maybe part of the FBI or CIA. For hobbies I Love going  swimming, since I was very little I started swimming and is something I really enjoy, other than that I love spending time with my family.
  I really admire art, this is why I enrolled in this class. The picture bellow was taken in Medellin, Colombia. It  represents a sculpture from Fernando  Botero, who is considered  the most recognized and quoted living artist from Latin America. Fernando Botero is well known for creating bloated, oversized paintings of people, animals and elements of the natural world.

 I am honored to present to you this famous artist, since he represents my country and this makes me feel proud because all of his paintings are seen all over the world. 








Well I Hope we enjoy the class and have a lovely afternoon. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marley! Great pics! How great to see the Botero sculptures in Colombia!

    ReplyDelete