Sunday, March 20, 2016

Painting Analysis

Analysis:

The painting I saw is an abstract art. I see two men in the painting, one dressed in blue at the left – bottom corner, and another one dressed in green at up-right corner. I think man in blue anger at the man in green because there are some yellow and orange whirlpools around the man in blue, his eyebrow is downward sloping and his eye is look at the man in green. And also there is a fire under the man in green and burn his body. Although there is not much describe about emotional of the man in green, he still make me feel that he is indifferent to another man because he has a faceless face. Base on the information I get from the painting, I guess in this painting, these two men represent two different groups of people, and one group of people anger at another. (If author wants to describe two special men, he/she will made more details on their face)

Physical viewing experiences:

       The light is come from the top-left, so sometime it makes me hard to see the Dark blue hat which wore by man in green. And when I stood a little bit far away from the painting, I can discover what is going on in the painting easier than stood close to it. The painting is on the wall of the aisle, so there are noisy and it makes me hard to concentrate on painting. All in all, I think environment is important for analyze an art.

Ways of Looking:

       I think the way I looked at this painting is a formal analysis because when I look at this painting, first I try to find out what is in the painting, and then I was trying to figure out what is going on, what is author want to express from this painting.

1 comment:

  1. You describe your way of looking well, but is there any other types of analysis you applied? Because I think what you are describing here is also stylistic analysis.

    ReplyDelete