Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hey everyone!

I'm Nathalie Messier, 20 years old. I'm a Creative Writing major and really enjoy reading books (particularly fiction), as well as writing; but I also love making art and I have somewhat of a passion for design. Basically, I love having the chance to flex my creative muscles, which is partially why I took this class.
While creating something is certainly a lot of fun, I'm also interested in the process behind it, and I feel like that's something I could benefit from learning more about. Sometimes, as a writer and artist, I focus too much on the end product and don't bother paying attention to the journey, which is equally as important;  I'm hoping this class will give me a little more perspective in that regard.
Oh, and if you're wondering, the picture to the left is one I took while inside the MET museum. My mom and sister actually both work there, and I'm so incredibly jealous of all the art they get to look at all day.
I'm admiring a giant clam shell on the right. It's inside the ocean exhibit in The Museum of Natural History, which is a really awesome museum. The ocean exhibit in particular is my favorite (though I'm pretty biased--I have a HUGE obsession with marine life).
I'm excited to join you all in class!

3 comments:

  1. Great to meet you Nathalie! I have a DEEP interest in the way writing and art connect. We should talk about this!

    ReplyDelete