Sunday, March 20, 2016

Marley's Blog 1

In Wednesday class, I learned something extremely important about art, something that I always used to ignore. People find meaning on art base on how they approach it. Learning the different ways on how to look at art is important in order to understand art and find   meaning.  In class lecture I also learned that factors like the environment, lighting, artist, history behind art, among others, can affect the way we look at art.  During the picture gallery in class, many students change the way they looked at art when they acknowledge that one of art was drawn while the titanic sunk and the another one was drawn by the famous painter Picasso, all of their expressions change and they all wanted to buy them, Factors that like this can change the price of the art and how the audience look at it. Of course art has meaning both to the artist and audience, and I’m pretty sure everyone felt proud their piece of art.
Base on my reading I learned that art was made with different purposes.  Back in the nineteenth century, art was design for public display in order to demonstrate political power and authority, but was also meant for education and entertainment. Art is preserved in museums in order to be protected and made available to view under comfortable conditions; but in class lecture I learned that anyone can appreciate art in any place and time. Art can be hidden deep in caves, monuments in Egypt, temples, tombs, European churches etc.
The art that I decided to look in the hall way was a picture of a natural forest in a gray stone. It really caught my attention because it was complete different from the others and because I always love and admired nature. I tried to connect with the picture by staring for two minutes, at first the noise from the hallway really bother me, but I tried to ignored everything around me and just focus my attention  on the picture. It really caught my attention the way it was painted with such details, I also started to focus on every single image drawn by the artist by walking around and capturing every angle. As I looked at each image, I started to imagine what would be like to be there. The art was three dimensional picture that clearly made it super interesting to observe.

I think that the way I looked at my art was a formal and stylistic analysis. Formal analysis because as I looked at the details, It convey meaning and It was pleasing Imaging myself in the picture. It was also stylistic analysis because there was a lot of factors that made this piece of work distinctive from the others, such as being three dimensional, and focusing so much in nature, this arouse emotion on me.    



1 comment:

  1. Marcela, you did a great job describing your viewing experience and also applying the ideas we discussed in class to the work. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete