Monday, March 21, 2016

Blog Post #1 Ways of looking


I chose a painting by Olena Protsenko which is right outside of the classroom. The piece of work is untitled. In order to see a lot of the detail in the painting I had to move very close and looked at it for two minutes. I felt the two minutes were like ten minutes. I couldn't believe time was so slow but I took my time and found out details that otherwise I would not have seen before. I noticed the painting had a lot of red for which the wall color was almost beige color for which the painting was really more visible. When I looked at it in the beginning it reminded me of my native country of Mexico the nature the flowers and the colors. I feel the painting capturing nature at its best and in privacy of natures own home.  The painting uses a lot of red color but also colors that you wouldn't normally see like blue, mixes of green and red also different tones of colors. a lot is going on that it almost looks 3d. The artist also captured a rare view that many of us might keep in our memories. I like the tones and the mixture of her colors.

Monica Luna-Serrano

1 comment:

  1. This is a great painting to write about- but why so short? (blog are 300 words minimum). Also the way you are describing your connection to the painting is exactly(!!!) one of the ways we discussed in the types of visual analysis- and part of the assignment was to identify which we are using in looking, but that is missing from this post.

    ReplyDelete