Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I loved this class.




My art work is composed by two pieces:

            The first one is called “Deaf.” It consists in an abstract portrait created using double exposure, however it represents an ideal, it does have a meaning behind (about Deaf culture). In the photography you can observe that mouth and hands overlay, as well eyes and ears. And then a collage created with letters making the phrase “My eyes are my ears. My hands are my words.”

            It was an additive process where I glued the photograph and all the letter into the blue papers (which works as a frame for my photo). This picture is a little cool if we talk about color. With this piece I want to get hearing people to understand how we Deaf communicate. Some Deaf people can’t talk using their voice but they do it through their hands, and that we (Deaf) perceive the world with a different perspective (visual).

            My second one was inspired in “The creation of Adam” by Michelangelo. I not only borrowed his idea but also part of the background. I photograph the silhouettes of who would be God and Adam, but in a contemporary way, using current clothing. To make this piece I used Photoshop besides my photography skills. I could say this piece is a multimedia art (camera and computer are involved in its creation).

            The cold colors highlight more than the warm ones, but since they are complementary they make a great contrast. I chose to burn the edges of the frame to give it a special touch, to create something different. My goal with this is show art in a contemporary way using the creativity. Transform past masterpieces to current ones. 

I really loved this class. I will miss it.

Many thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment