Monday, June 13, 2016

#Final Project


The name of my final project is “Finals Week”. I felt frustration and anxiety for my five finals this week. First I didn’t have any idea what I would create from these two papers but then I decided to put everything on the paper that makes me feel anxious. I took many pictures from my Anatomy book. The girl on the right represents me lost in college. I created this with a sense of irony. The right paper represents me in the current situation and the left paper represents my vision of life after I graduate.  While creating and putting my ideas together I found it very calming and relaxing. Actually this is the only final that made me feel creative and happy. This college is mix media and gives sense of pop art because it is sarcastic and funny. Because I was adding pictures to these papers this method is additive. It supposes to be relief because I did not want viewer to be able to see the back of my artwork.  I remember my shocking reaction when my advisor was telling me that I have to take Intro to Art class. I told my sister that I would rather take three calculus courses that art class. I love that my opinion and reaction to art have changed during this course. I am glad that I took this class and learned to appreciate and think about art in the deeper sense. Also I am very thankful that I had an opportunity to visit all these wonderful galleries and museums. This class definitely woke up something nice in me regarding art that I wasn’t even aware of it. Thank you for creating artistic Katarina.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment