Monday, June 13, 2016

final blog

       

        I would like to start my last blog entry by saying how much I enjoy this art class through out the course of the semester;  It was the only subject where instead of stressing over school work and final exams, I was able to relax and discover my own talents  doing my  final work of art.  At first I was undecided, I didn’t have any idea what to create, but after going to see so many museums and galleries, my imagination open. For my final project I decided to use the two pieces of paper to create two different work of art. My first work of art  consisted of a representational   painting of an elephant that is completely two dimensional, but also had a touch of a 3D painting. I was able to work with perspective and achieved that 3D effect by first drawing the elephant on a flat surface and then cutting the upper part of the paper to make it look like the elephant is coming out off the paper. Then I created some shadow to make it look more dimensional.  The material that I use was only  the paper and pencil. Some of the visual elements found  on my work of art include  the use of lines , there is hatching and cross hatching, in this case there are a lot of diagonal lines that suggest action, It seems like the elephant is waking. Shape is another visual element, the shape is a two dimensional organic painting. Value  also plays on important part in this painting, value in this case is created with shading, with a mixture of  dark and light tones. The texture is implied rough texture created by lines.  Thinking about sculptures, I would say that this work of art is  subtractive since I had to remove paper.

       My next work of art was tittle “ Beauty of nature”. This was a representational, free standing sculpture of a turtle in it’s natural environment. The material that I used was mache clay, newspaper, tape, parts of a box, and water painting, also to make it look more realistic I use real grass, and some flowers. This sculpture is additive because I added many layers of paper to create form, It is also assemblage  because I gather all types of materials to create the sculpture. I would classify my work of art as environmental art , because I use environmental materials such as grass and flowers. Some of the visual elements found in this sculpture are lines seen on the shell. In shape of space, we find some negative space in  the back of the turtle’s shell , and between his head and the shell, I would also say that the shape of my sculpture represents both organic and geometric shape, organic is the turtle and the flowers, and geometric is the squares in the shell and the base; This also creates a real and implied texture.


NOTE:  I’m so sorry I wasn't able to post the finish look for both of my projects, my phone got stolen and I lost all of my information and pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment