Wednesday, June 8, 2016

blog 6

Blog post 6
For this blog, I visited the Chelsea galleries and I found myself amidst of art of all kinds, everywhere I went every gallery I entered I found myself in a different and unique place. The artists really used their worked to express themselves through the art. The galleries I was most intrigued by were Amy cutler’s fossa, at a first glance it was weird and I didn’t know what it was other than wooden stools and yarn but later when I read the press release I found out that the artist is actually a painter and the exhibition is trying to express what she paints. While looking at the fossa I found my self-intrigued in why would she make this setting like this. The center piece is so huge yet so neutral that when you first enter the space you don’t notice it. the artist used warm and cool hues, she used neutral browns and vibrant colors as well. The center piece connects the whole room to the structure at the top which is braided hairs.
The second gallery that was really interesting for me was the art of nature. It was quite different and kind of digital it was nothing more than a screen with something revolving in it, or maybe static. Th4 one I saw was probably a picture of earth from satellite.  I also saw a huge sculpture of a Hindu women doing meditation. It had all kind accessories and jewelries but it was in a yoga posture.
There were other galleries which I visited one of them was by a Japanese artist that was all about women cartoons, the other one was about sculptures and things made out of wires. Then I walked around the high line park which was really beautiful and well decorated, I loved the fact that whoever designed the high line kept it so simple and clear and yet so elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment