Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Final Project


Duality


     In Duality I represented the dualities that we can face in life and the choices we have to make as we grow. I represented the duality between our roots compared to the lives we actually live.The duality between our need for nature and wildlife compared to our choice to live a city life. There is also the duality between simplicity and money, the duality between a colorful culture compared to the monochromic city life and finally, the duality between warm and cold colors. The pyramid is a symbol of elevation and it shows that I do not have to chose between all these dualities, I can juxtapose them and it becomes a whole. In order to grow and elevate ourselves we need to embrace ALL that we are, and it is important to own and tell our stories.

Duality is a 3D additive mixed media. One of the sheet is the base for the creation, while the other one has been folded to create a pyramidal sculpture. It is a mix of prints collage, duct tape, and paint. It is abstract and representational. One of the sheet is covered with a piece of fabric. There is a triangle pattern all over the work. There are organic shapes, but the sculpture and the pattern are geometrical.
In this work, I tried to include as many of the elements of an art work that we talked about throughout the semester. I tried to create something different and unconventional.I did not think about what I was going to create, I just collected things randomly that inspired me and created a story through what I collected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment