Monday, June 13, 2016

final blog

For the final blog I would love to say thanks to professor dahlia for being such an awesome mentor. I know that like normal students I did not start this class from the start but I am so happy that in the end I took this class. I know that I missed some essential parts of the class in the start but as I joined in I have learnt a lot. Thanks to the prof encouraging and supporting me I think I would not have been able to make it through this class otherwise. After this class I know a lot of new things, I never knew nothing about artists, painting etc. but after this class the way I look at an artwork has changed, the class has changed my vision and my thinking of things. I had never gone to a museum before and after this class I have seen so much of some famous museums of New York I really am very appreciative and thankful of the professor who had organized all those field trips for us.
For my final project I made a tree out of paper bags. I used paper bags, cardboard paper given in class, buttons, and water paints. The tree is a 3D sculpture as its free standing. the style I used is representational as it has resemblance to nature...!  the tree itself is positive space yet the empty space between the branches is negative space. the colors I used in the project are both warm, cool and vibrant...!! I have red and orange leaves which will attribute to fall my favorite season and then the surface is green which is grass which always stays green! the buttons do not have a specific pattern; the texture of the project is quite rough kind of!! The tree is actually an inspiration and an attribute of my favorite weather of the year, autumn or fall. I love the fact the way trees lose leaves and the leaves dry up in the streets and gardens. It just gives a homely feeling.
here is my tree i basically took the paper bag, painted it brown and then when it got dry i cut in with same length and twisted to make branches. 

this is when i painted the paper bag and let it dry so that it looks more realistic and natural. 

this was the final look. instead of leaves i chose buttons because i wanted to be more creative and that is what i ahve kearnt from the professor to think outside of the box. 
i enjoyed this class a lot it was my favorite class of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment