Tuesday, June 14, 2016



Final Project Part II
Statement

Title: Before & After HUA 101

Materials: Watercolors & Graphite pencils

My name is Monica Luna and I have attended and almost completed my first art course at LaGuardia this year. My reason for taking this course was to learn how to look at art and how to know what elements are used and the hard work it takes to create art. By taking this course I would be able to understand my child’s artistic needs and help her along the way when she would need a critique or some suggestion in her own works. Even though my major is criminal justice I figured it would be nice to understand and learn what is art. I have always loved art but never really had the knowledge in order to be able to appreciate the art works the way that we are supposed to see it.  
In creating my final project I took into account what I like to draw and incorporate the new elements of art that I have learn along the semester along with my work. I took into consideration some of the visual elements that I was able to work with. I was able to incorporate the use of my negative space and positive space, the value of lights and darks, my background has the primary colors along with secondary & tertiary colors & tried using complementary colors. I tried the overlapping but I feel I wasn’t so successful with that one. But I did use the cross hatching/ hatching shading in the project which I feel good about.
When I look at art today I try to fill my visual field with the piece of work. I look at the formal elements and the details in order to understand what is happening. As a stylistic analysis we view the characteristics of the art work and what is what makes it art, distinctive, and special from the others. Sometimes we even take into consideration the artist by doing a biographical analysis and see how the artist’s experiences and opinions shape an artist works.

Everyone can create art because we all have opinions, ideas, and imagination. We all have something to say and show the world. Either by drawing, painting, creating sculptures, even technology helps us bring our ideas to life. And all this I learned in HUA 101 and thanks to my fabulous professor Dahlia Elsayed.  



BEFORE & AFTER 
HUA 101

No comments:

Post a Comment