Monday, June 13, 2016

Final

My work is a 3D sculpture that is painted with watercolor. It is also a contemporary art work that is combined with a representational art and abstract art. One of the paper that I got is used to make a road to blur the boundaries between art and everyday life by intersecting with an environment. The other paper is used to draw an abstract art which defines people. It is standing right across the road making a wiggly line. It indicates how we live our lives. We interact with bad things and good things and sometimes we take the long way instead of going straight to our goals.
One of the side shows the positive mind. Each color represents something. First, the background color which is sky blue represents pure, genuine, and innocent. I think people were all pure when they were young. The primary color, red in the middle represents a strong existence that they are in the world. It can also represent ambition. Around the red, you can see the primary color which is blue and yellow. The color blue represents honest and truth. Every person wants to be honest and I thought being honest comes from the deep down of your heart so I chose the color blue that gives a sense of deepness. There is also secondary color which is purple as well. Purple represents the romanticism. I think people should be romanticist instead of being a rational being. Being a romanticist helps people to have a dream and be more emotional. The color green that is across the whole paper represents our health. I believe being healthy is one of the important things in our life. Overall, this side of the paper seems to be cool toned with all the cool colors like sky blue, blue, purple, and green.
The other side shows the dark side of people. I always think that every person has dark side and bright side of themselves. I think that’s because you can’t always make positive things happen around you. That’s why every people have a sense of self defense and doesn’t want their pride to be ignored. However, I believe that people were all pure and they are born with kindness. Therefore, I colored the background of this paper with the color yellow. And the orange color is used to show how the color becomes darker and darker to black. This shows how negative things happen as we live throughout our lives and how we are influenced to environment, society, and things around us. Nevertheless, we always should always try to be positive and we ought to be positive. In this way, I put the sign stop on the road where the dark side of us is standing.

In some way, I thought this art work just represents me because the emotional responses of colors that is chosen is based on both cultural and personal of myself.The title of my art work is "The road of Life."


No comments:

Post a Comment