Thursday, June 9, 2016

Final project

My art work tittle is an “Angel lives in the dark side”. Everyone has darkness and kindness in their heart. Even though people who have the sweetest hearts, they still think negatively, and bad things because we are human. Moreover, people get hurt, sad and med from other people. However, they also feel happy, touched, and joyful from them. Therefore, we always have two sides of feelings which are positive and negative sides. In my imagination, angel gives positive mind, and devil gives negative mind. Therefore, I wanted to express our heart in this final project. This art type is contemporary art and heart shape is Organic. I used bright red, and little dark red which are worm color. I also used black color to show darkness of feelings. I did not want this heart’s color becomes too dark, so I painted white color at the first, and I put red and black colors. It was very difficult to make smooth texture by using two completely different colors. I used a cardboard to create heart because I wanted to make 3D art. Moreover, I used totally different materials to create upset textures between angel and devil. First, I put feather to express angel’s wings which gives uniqueness. On the other hand, I broke CD and put on the edge of this heart to express thorns of heart. It also reflects to the light, so I can emphasis the thorns. I got great ideas in the Chelsea galleries. I used any materials to express my ideas, and I enjoyed very much to create this work. Thank you for teaching this semester prof. Dahlia. This class was my favorite class in this semester. I did not have experience to visit this much museums and galleries in NY before taking this class. I learned so many things from them, and I want to continue to enjoy art life.

No comments:

Post a Comment