Monday, June 13, 2016

Final !!!!

The title of the drawing on the right is 'The 666 Selfie'. I used pencils, the paper, and a napkin for shading. I always start out by sketching my artwork, then I began to gave it value once I was done with the contour lines. I wasn't sure about leaving the negative space around the girl but I left it anyway. The girl in the drawing is me. I decided to do this self-portrait on my birthday, 06/06/16. Many women are concerned about their look or how society perceives rape as the woman's fault for 'dressing like that'. Women should be able to accept the way they look: skinny, thick, tall, short, black, white, Hispanic, whatever. I'm accepting the way I am, and this drawing is depicting that.


The title of the drawing on the left is called 'Grunge in 2016'. I used pencils to draw and then I used a black ink paint brush pen. After doing the outline, I then traced over the pencil marks with the black ink and then erased them when I was done so it can come out as a perfect contour drawing. No shading or value, just straight even black lines. The only value added is the streaks in her hair because of the different strokes I did with the ink brush. My first piece had lots of negative space so I felt the need to not have negative space in this one; therefore I added Nirvana in all capital letters and space like grunge doodles. Grunge is an alternative rock musical style and Nirvana is an example of grunge in music. I consider my self grunge for the simple fact 3/4 of my closet and shoes are black, I'm into piercings and tattoos, and I love Nirvana and other grunge music artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment