Monday, May 16, 2016

Blog Post #5


The sculpture that I chose It is a bear, and it is an unknow student artwork. The sculpture is located entrance of E building. After you pass the first door, there is a stairways on the right side, the sculpture is between the first flood and second flood. It is a representational statue because it is a three dimensional form of a toy bear.
 I chose this sculpture because it looks very odd and very different than any other sculpture around it. Unlike other sculptures, which have a smooth surface, this bear only has its ears, eyes, nose and mouth are smooth, the rest of the body of this bear is full of bumps and hollows.
First time I saw this bear, I was wondering how does this student can made bumpy surface, and can make visitors to understand that is bear’s hair. Thus, I look it closely then I saw there was some brown hair under the bumps and hollows. So I guessed inside of this bear sculpture is a toy bear. And the student who made it, was used a toy bear, and dip it in a bucket of gesso. 

No comments:

Post a Comment