Friday, May 13, 2016

In the gardens of the school an sculpture I found


This 3D piece of art has been installed in the gardens between E and M buildings. Name and author are unknown.

            This sculpture is made of metal using the additive method of assembling what in my opinion are 3 sheets of metal (we can observe a pattern here), each one have been folded (they look like benches) and then welded, making an abstract figure. It doesn’t posses negative space, since the metal sheets are welded overlaying each other. The piece has a rough texture.

            Because this is an abstract sculpture, I don’t have other option that use my own imagination to try interpret it. As I stated before it looks like 3 benches welded together, and since is located in a resting area surrounded by benches I could make a connection between the place and the sculpture. On the other hand its neutral color make a great contrast with the vivid colors that surround the sculpture itself, such as the green grass, the red walls, etc. 

PS: I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures, my phone has a really bad camera and I didnt have my professional one with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment