Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Blog Post #5

I went to second floor of the M building to look for a sculpture. When I went upstairs, there was an empty classroom and students work was all gathered on the table. This sculpture is a representative art. It is a statue of a free standing. It is a dynamic activity which the visual of art work changes at different angles. It is made within a clay in an additive way. The texture of art looks very rough. It is probably made within hand with the fingers. I think the metal stuck in to the body of the clay is to make the art stand and not fall. This tells that the statue has not been considered about the weight to make it stand without the metal. Even though this sculpture does look like it is incomplete, the posture of the man is looking up and the way arm is possessed makes the art work look more elegant.




                I also saw another sculpture in the hall which is a relief sculpture. It was Acrylic on Foam Board. This was also an art work of another student in LaGuardia. The work of this had many colors with many round shapes put together. It has cold tone and warm tone of colors. This work is a non-representational art. I don't know why but this work reminded me of nature. Blue representing the sky and the ocean. Light green on top representing the grass. The long orange line that is wiggling on the bottom reminded me of a snake. A shape and the color of brown on the right bottom side reminded me of a mushroom. I don't exactly know what this art is about but it looked complex and many attractive colors like blue, red, green, and yellow draw my attention as I walked through the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment