Monday, May 16, 2016

Blog #5





They have much different type of sculptures. People can actually touch it and feel its various textures and forms. Moreover, sculptures are dynamic activity. I found many sculptures in the LaGuardia community college. I did not realize our school has unique works everywhere.

   I found this great sculpture in the E-building cafeteria. This sculpture type is free sculpture and also subtractive because this is a huge sculpture and you can see from every side. This sculpture color is dark green, and material is metal and very smooth texture even though it is very tall and big sculpture. It has different kind shapes; however, everything connected each other. I can feel the top shape is a tear and I also think the middle of shapes is hands. In my imagination, this sculpture tells that we are    one even though we have different race, color, and background; they are the same category of the college student. Moreover, they become one in college to learn each other, and achieve their goals. That is why this sculpture is in the E- building cafeteria to show us.

   I also found many unique sculptures in the college, so I will look around more and find them next time. I learned in the last class that each sculpture has different styles, materials, and shapes. Therefore, each sculpture has different messages, so I really want to make it one day if I have a chance because it is free to tell a message through the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment