Monday, April 18, 2016

Our Visit to the Museum of Modern Art in New York

Me and my nephew Jaccob Ramos at the Museum


Juan Montalvo Ecuadorian author said "When bad habits invade the chest and mind of the early young age all is lost for the people, but where there is a boy that exclaims "Tyrant I am not yours” hope pulsates within the people. The MoMA is located in Manhattan at 11 West 53 Street address, a cross between 5th and 6th Avenue in midtown. It is a large building founded in 1923 where you can find a permanent collection of objects and artistic expressions linked to painting, sculpture, architecture, design and photography. The collection is oriented to modern art (the European vanguards and their immediate antecedents) and contemporary. MoMA also has a wide range of films, illustrated books, engravings and media.

What to see at MoMA? Well, what can we see in the most famous museum of modern and contemporary art in the world? The alternatives vary depending on our interests, but either way, it is inevitable a walk in the fourth and fifth floor of this splendid place. In them we find an impressive display of paintings and sculpture (3600 works), in which pieces so recognized are as Demoiselles d'Avignon by Pablo Picasso (1907), Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh (1889) and others of Salvador DalĂ­ Fernando Botero, Frida Kahlo and Andy Warhol. Another attraction in MoMA are temporary exhibitions, film projections or that are made on a daily basis.


The tour begins on the ground floor where it is essential, in addition to the payment of the ticket and then go to the wardrove, I thought “Thanks God I’m a CUNY student because even students from all over the world get charge  and for kids is free which is perfect. This operation is essential, as it should check bags and backpacks for safety (nope, that certain items are not allowed entry!), So as to leave safely our belongings, on the other hand the best choice to walk without overweight inside, especially in the winter I believe. Everyone organizes his walk through the museum to their own devices, since there is no certain way to carry it out. The main recommendation is to do it calmly and patiently, enjoying their rooms and resting now and then in the places authorized to do so. MoMA also has in its facilities with spaces for restoration. As a last suggestion you should review the programs that the museum has to group tours, and especially for families arriving with children. MOMA is one of the major attractions of the Big Apple.


I chose to go with my nephew for the beautiful relationship we have and because he is in a basic learning age and he can absorb everything like a sponge. My nephew was fascinated with the trip since he loves to be at home with me on the weekends and it was kind of weird for him to go  on a Wednesday. The beginning of the tour was a nice starting with reception in the de information desk. A 6 year old boy is very curious and that quality is an advantage in a museum. We had the opportunity to see all the floors as we were going walking around the museum. I was asking my nephew about things he likes and does not like so I had the opportunity to explain about art. My nephew liked the paintings and architectural area. One thing that surprised me was that a child can read abstract art as an expert. I believe that as we grow our mind stops growing by stress and so many things that we care that are not as important.. One thing that caught my attention was that my nephew said that there are paintings that made no sense because he said that the paintings were very dry and neglected. I explained all types of art as painting, sculpture as a form of expression of the human being.


Beton Hala Waterfront Center, Belgrade Project 

         For me it was important to know what level of attention put my nephew but everything was normal until we were in the section of architecture with small models of buildings and parks that fascinated my nephew. My nephew likes to play minecraft and this was the perfect opportunity to explain about 2D and 3D dimensions. He was in the ZONE !!It was a nice experience and I will not stop educating my people so that their future will be better. Art is a vital part of the formation of mankind and without art  we are nothing!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR NEPHEW! This is really wonderful Gustavo, and great quote!

    ReplyDelete