Monday, April 18, 2016

MoMa




I visited to MoMa with my classmate Melissa last Saturday. The MoMa museum has many kids of art collections, including film, 3D and 4D arts. It was a very difficult to pick only one work from many wonderful works.








However, I choose this painting which was made in 1966-1982 in the Italy. This art project name is “The continuous Moment. The work group name is Superstudio and it created four kinds of paintings. I want to talk about the second one from right side, and this painting tittle is “On The River”. These artists used a cut and pasted printed paper, color pencil, and oil stick on board.

This work style is representational, landscape painting, and has cool colors such as a green, and blue. From the bridge, we can see it is a geometric shape, and horizontal line. Moreover, it is a one point perspective which is on right side of center. When we look up the bridge closely, we also can see the artists used hatching. From the sea, these artists put shadow and highlight to make a movement of the wave. I also feel very smooth, and cool texture from this sea. This painting has beautiful refractions of the bright in the sea which tells us that this sea is very deep and clean. From the sky, I can see clouds and feel brightness from the sky color.

 I showed this work to my boyfriend, and he told me about the first inspiration of this painting. He thought that this is a simple painting of the view because he did not look up closely and he only saw it overall. After I taught about this painting’s style, form, shape, line, and colors, finally he stared looking this work closely and tried to understand of this painting. It was very difficult to teach these details to the parson because he did not know about art at all. However, he agreed with me at the end and he was really impressed to know these details of this painting. He told me that after I told these details, he could look this work from different ways and which lead him to understand this painting more. He realized that using cool colors. He told me that “because of the artists used the cool colors, this painting is very clear, nature, and very comfortable to look this painting”. He also told me that it is very interesting after he learned details from me because he got more ideas. Furthermore, I did not feel easy to communicate my listener at all because I really tried hard him to understand my teaching. Since he did not know any art’s word, it was difficult to explain each word but because of this painting, he could understand little easier. Using drawing and pictures are easier to understand than only using language.

Teaching art experience was the first time to me. It was a definitely not easy but I felt great after teaching to the person about what I learned. Furthermore, I also reviewed my studies through this teaching experience and it was a wonderful experience.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment